Saturday, February 14, 2009

What is with young women today? And I say women instead of girls because by the time we are in high school most of us look like women. Every health class since 6th grade urges teenagers to remain abstinent until marriage or practice safe sex. So why don't they? Of course there are always people that do, but recently I have been hearing about pregnancy scares nonstop. Personally, I am not against sex before marriage,but I do have standards. First of all, don't have sex unless you're ready and you love and trust this person. Second of all, practice safe sex. Make him wear a condom. If he cares for you, he won't mind. And there are ways of obtaining birth control (planned parenthood). If taking a pill everyday can keep you from getting pregnant, giving birth, and raising a child as a teenager, why wouldn't you take a small pill? 
On a lighter note, I recently went thrifting, one of my favorite activities for the simple reason that I can get a whole outfit for under $5. I purchased a cute, vintage Leslie Fay floral skirt. It looked adorable in the store but as soon as I tried it on it was too long. But I couldn't let this steal go to waste... so I turned it into a dress! I wore it with black leggings, a belt to cinch the waist, and ballet flats. Here are some pictures.

For spring, I want to find outfits that look simple and classy, but I also want the to be pastel colored clothes. I, recently, saw the perfect outfit that embodies my desire in a Teen Vogue magazine.

I also repainted my nails this week. New design and color scheme. I must say, I prefer doing my own nails to getting a manicure from a nail salon. I don't have to pay extra for cute designs and I don't have to deal with all of the subconscious critiquing of their work because no matter what, I can never be fully satisfied; there is always at least one thing wrong.


This week I've been listening to:
3OH!3
don't trust me 
richman
starstruck
Arctic Monkeys
i bet you look good on the dance floor
dancing shoes(i even made a music video to this song)
Lily Allen's new cd
fuck you very much
everyone's at it
Speaking of Lily Allen, I got tickets for her concert! I can't wait to go... they only cost me $25. I recommend checking to see if she's coming to your city and then buy tickets QUICK. 
-karina

No comments:

Post a Comment