Thursday, April 9, 2009

This has probably been a pretty sucky senior spring break. Almost everyone I know went somewhere... somewhere other than this boring place. I had a fun weekend, but come Tuesday, I was doomed to babysit from 7:30 to 5:30 for about how much a small child in Sri Lanka makes. I can't complain because they are like family, but what a way to relax: running around, cleaning up bodily fluids and toys, arguing with children, providing for their every beck and call. It was less than great. Plus, it's spring and in Georgia that means that no matter what color your car is it will be yellow for a couple of weeks. About 70% of people in Georgia are allergic to pollen, so these kids I was watching were coughing, sneezing, itching, and leaking from their noses. Fun huh? The first day I babysat, it was freaking cold; it snowed for 10 straight minutes. Unheard of in April in Georgia! The next day, the weather was perfect. I even tanned while the kids were napping. Today, we played on their playground, ate pizza, and drew all over their drive way with chalk. I do love chalk. 
Yay for Easter! It's probably my favorite holiday. I get to buy cute skirts and sandals just for Easter. And because my parents are from Romania, so are all of their friends and we make yummy traditional Romanian food. Then, there is an egg-hunt. I don't get to participate because I'm old now, but the parents feel guilty and give me a basket of candy and chalk. Yay chalk! Plus, and this is the best part, I get two Easters: a regular Easter and an Orthodox Easter. The fun starts this Sunday. 
Time for pretty pictures from around the world: 
first my hometown Timisoara, Romania 

the beautiful mountains of Uzbekistan... bet you never pictured them like that

the Maldives are beautiful

but there is poverty and these poor people's homes and land may soon be covered up by the ocean because of global warming

Music of my week:
anything by Hed PE (disclaimer: very dirty) 
Cooler Than Me- Mike Posner
22- Lily Allen
Blue Jean- Jessie James
Mi'Ma'amakim- the Idan Raichel Project
Come Away With Me- Norah Jones
I'm in Miami Bitch- LMFAO (and I now have a matching t-shirt)

Now for my first follower: I love Jennifer! She's awesome... and she won't read this, but I have to write about her... Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer Jennifer and I can't think of anything that rhymes with Jennifer so there is no catchy tune... oh and I love Rachel too. 

1 comment:

  1. haha and rachel loves you back =P
    im sorry we didnt get to go clubbing this week
    but it most certainly will happen soon!

    ReplyDelete